Saturday, March 7, 2009

Struck Down by the Flu

I guess I have been lucky. For the past couple of years I have pretty much avoided all the flu and colds and theings that have gone around.

My luck pretty much ran out yesterday!

I woke up with a stuffy nose and a little bit of a sore throat. Things got progressively worse as the day wore on and by noon I had the stomach flu along with the aches and pains normally associated with influenza. By the time I got to the hotel, I was very nauseous and spent a miserable night.

The nausea has pretty much gone away, but the rest remains today. Needless to say, that put an end to my plans for diving today. I was planning to do the 3-tank afternoon/evening/night dive, but. . . .

4 comments:

Lauri said...

I am sorry it was hard to hear you voice grow worse and worse through the day, I am sorry it was such a rough weekend!

Kerry said...

Yeah, it was a rough 36 hours or so, but I feel much better now!

Cydney Jensen said...

I am glad you are feeling better! I am also glad that you didn't go diving anyway. I know how crappy it is to dive when you are sick! That is why my ears were so messed up for so long.

Kerry said...

I am not a thrill seeker. I gave that up years ago. I don't want ruptured eardrums and puking underwater is a good way to drown. No thanks!