Tuesday, March 31, 2009

National Aquarium

For the past several years, I have been a member of the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA). Each year they hold a Transportation Conference in the Spring and since I have been on the Planning Committee for this Conference, I usually try to attend.

Last year, due to the demands of the Honolulu project, I was not able to get free to go. It was even more demanding this year, but since I am one of the Sub-Committee Chairs for this year's conference and am the Conference Chair for next year, I decided I had to go regardless.

Also, since this year's conference was held in Baltimore, I figured it would be a great opportunity to take Lauri and then spend a couple of days visiting with the Lunts, Rachel's in-laws.

We flew to Baltimore on Monday, but my meetings did not start until Tuesday evening. Tuesday during the day, Lauri and I went down to the Harbor and visited the National Aquarium.

It is the glass-walled building behind the old Coast Guard Buoy Tender.

This Zebra Shark is in the first exhibit along with lots of various rays and a Hawksbill Turtle.

A Southern Stingray.



Some of Nemo's Friends.

And, of course, Nemo himself!


A Saddleback Butterflyfish


Several very interesting and venemous Scorpionfish






A Turkeyfish (Scorpionfish)


Then, of course, we went to the Dolphin Show! Not quite like Seaworld, but fun to watch nonetheless. Stayed out of the Splash Zone this time.



The most fun part of the place, though was the "4-D Immersion Theater"! Worth the price of the admission in my book!


A couple of views of the City across the Harbor from the Aquarium.

No comments: