Monday, January 19, 2009

Diamond Head

Since January 19 was a holiday (MLK Day), Lauri and I decided that we would get up fairly early, before it got too hot and go hike Diamond Head. Not too bad a hike if you drive up into the crater and park. If you go on the bus, and have to walk up the road to the crater, it would be a little more of a deal.

How you get to the top:




Looking out of the bunker at the top of the trail:

The last climb from the bunker to the top of the hill:

We made it!

Diamond Head lighthouse:

Coral reef:

Waikiki:

The crater:

Koko Head and Hawaii Kai:

Pausing on the way back down:

Back into the rabbit hole, Alice:

What goes up, must eventually come back down:

Fun way to spend some time together. Not a "must do" for every trip, but. . . .

2 comments:

Lauri said...

It is one of my favorite memories of Honolulu!!!

Cydney Jensen said...

I am jealous! I would love to be out hiking and doing things! Although, I can't stand the heat right now! It is so pretty and it makes me wish we could have been there!