Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19, 2010 - Divemaster Internship - Rescue "Victim"

For my Divemaster certification, I had to do several "internships". This evening, I interned for Carlos Santana who was conducting a Rescue Diver Course. I was the "victim" so they all got to practice on me.

First up, I was a conscious but responsive, struggling victim about to succumb to the water. They had to attempt to get me out of the water a couple of ways -- using a thrown ring and a pole.



Then I was a conscious but non-responsive victim. They had to approach me, avoid my attempts to drown them, and then effect a rescue of me.

Carlos started them off with a demonstration.

Then it was their turn and I had specific instructions of what I was to do to attempt to thwart their rescue. Here I waited until he approached closely and then lunged toward him.

Happily, all of them passed and went on to become Rescue Divers.

No comments: