Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yard

Two years ago we took the quaking aspen out of the little mound alongside the driveway and replaced it with a "golden chain" tree. It was pretty when we bought it and then last year, there were almost no chains on the tree. It was disappointing!

This year more than made up for last year! Wow! It is covered with chains and is just gorgeous!! And is smells wonderful!



I felt bad all summer last year because I didn't do much in the garden. So I decided this year would be different. I may be gone a lot, but I wanted the yard to look better. I got three loads of bark and refreshed all the bark beds. They look way better and the ground cloth is now covered again.





When we put the fence and arbor in several years ago we talked about planting something that would climb up the arbor and be really pretty. We didn't buy full-grown plants then and have not gotten anything since. This year I decided to surprise Lauri and went and bought four honeysuckle plants and put them in. I figured she would come right out and see what I had done, but I had to bring her out to see them a couple of days later. She was really excited!


These growboxes are great! I bought two of them when I was in the apartment in Oregon a few years ago and we have bought others since. We have eight of them now. We have started using four of them over on the side of the house and four others for peppers and basil.




Our "herb garden".

The hanging baskets of petunias, planters of impatiens, and the planters on the patio have become a tradition in the backyard.





No comments: